Provincial Competitive Programs
Aurora Wildrose Competitive teams are organized by skill level, age, and commitment. Teams compete a team routine and figures skills at competitions within the Province. The Edmonton Auroras offer the choice of training two, three or four times per week; choose the program that fits best for you! Because of the technical skills they learn, participants must commit to the minimum training program as per the chart below. To understand more about the different streams, see the Auroras pathways.
| || |
Twice Per Week (WR2x)
Birth years 2011-2011. Typically our 9-10 Team or first year 11-12 year old swimmers.
Three Times Per Week (WR3x)
Birth Years 2009-2012. Typically our 11-12 Team or second year 9-10 year old swimmers.
Four Times Per Week (WR4x)
Birth Years 2006-2012. Typically our 11-12 second year swimmers or 13-15 Team.
|Monday || ||Kinsmen 4:00-6:30pm ||Kinsmen 4:00-6:30pm |
|Tuesday || || || |
|Wednesday ||Kinsmen 4:30-6:30pm ||Kinsmen 4:30-6:30pm ||Kinsmen 4:00-7:00pm |
|Thursday || || ||Kinsmen 4:00-7:00pm |
|Friday || || || |
|Saturday ||Kinsmen 8:00-11:00am ||Kinsmen 7:00-11:00am ||Kinsmen 7:00-11:00am |
|Sunday || || || |
Swimmers enjoy team training and competition, including competing in individual figures skills, travelling to out-of-town meets, plus training other aquatic skills like swimming and diving. Swimmers gain a sense of achievement and team work as they have fun.
- Winter Holidays: December 21 - January 3
- Wildrose Competition (invitational): TBD
- Wildrose Qualifier (Provincial qualifier): TBD
- Wildrose Classic (Provincials): TBD
- Water shows occur in December and April during Saturday practice. Dates are TBD
*Because Synchro is a team sport, swimmers are required to attend all events and may not miss practice two weeks prior to an event
Fees and Registration Details for Wildrose 2x, 3x and 4x (Subject to change before September, 2021)
Monthly Bingo Donation
|Wildrose 2x a week ||Saturday, Wednesday ||$128.00/month ||5 hours ||$20.00 (or get this money back by volunteering for bingo shifts!) |
|Wildrose 3x a week ||Saturday, Monday, Wednesday ||$186.00/month ||10 hours ||$30.00 (or get this money back by volunteering for bingo shifts!) |
|Wildrose 4x a week ||Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday || $255.00 || || $40.00 (or get this money back by volunteering for bingo shifts!) |
Club fees breakdown
- Registration fee, including an Aurora swim cap and nose clip: $125.
- Eight program fees installments (Oct. 1 to May 1) - see table above.
- Coach travel expenses are paid for equally by the team members. Athlete travel costs are the responsibility of the athlete's parent/guardian.
- Eight bingo donations (Nov. 1 to May 1) - see table above.
Earn this money back by meeting your bingo commitment! When a bingo shift is completed, a credit of $20 per hour is applied to your account.
(For details on reducing dues by working bingo shifts contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- One Casino shift required: Next Casino expected in 2020 (a $200 fee will be applied to your account per casino shift that is unfilled).
- Wardrobe items up to about $300, depending on what items you already own. Please see the wardrobe items for details.
- Additional meet fees fluctuate each year and will be determined at the start of each season
- 5-10 hours volunteering: see table above. A volunteering fee of $20 per hour may be assessed at the end of the year if volunteering commitments aren't met.
Registration details and additional fees
Please note the following when registering your child:
- All members will be required to set up an account with RAMP, which you will use to register, pay and view your account invoices
- If you already use the RAMP interface (perhaps through another sport) you will be expanding your profile when you log in, but you do not need to create a new account
- At the time of registration you will need to choose the program you wish to register your child in - for example, Wildrose 3x week, National Stream 13-15, etc.
- Your credit card will be charged $125 (Provincial Stream) or $225 (National Stream) plus $2. The $125 or $225 pays for the registration with Synchro Alberta, and the $2.00 is for the initial charge for the Bingo and meet fees that we all pay come the fall. The $2 will go towards your monthly charge for bingo and meet fees.
- An additional $500 per year security fee will also be charged.
- You are required to have a Respect in Sport for Parents certificate number. If you haven't taken the course yet, click HERE.