Competitive Wildrose Programs
Wildrose Travel Policy
Wildrose Parent Travel Responsibilities
a) Travel and Supervision During Out of Town Competitions.
- Wildrose swimmers will travel, stay and dine with their parents for the duration of the meet.
- If the parent cannot travel with the swimmer, he/she shall assume responsibility of finding suitable arrangements for the swimmer travel, accommodation, supervision and food arrangements privately.
- Parents will provide supervision of their swimmer(s) outside of competition hours.
- Parental supervision may be required during competition hours. Parents are to refer to team coach schedule/information sheet for established specific out of town meet guidelines and parent/swimmer responsibilities.
- Bus rentals will be at the joint discretion of both parents and coaches and put into effect on an as needed basis
b) Booking Accommodations
- The Travel Coordinator will email parents travel information, costs and booking guidelines no later then 3 weeks prior to travel.
- Parents will book accommodations as per Travel Coordinators instructions
- Parents will confirm completed reservation with Travel Coordinator
- To avoid additional fees, parents will notify the head coach at least six (6) weeks in advance if a swimmer will not be attending a meet
c) Out of Town Competition Fees
- Travel arrangements fees, including accommodations, transportation and meals, for all Wildrose out of town competitions will be the responsibility of the swimmer family.
- All swimmers attending out of town meets are responsible for entry fees and additional out of town costs for the coaches (transportation, accommodation, meals). These additional costs will be communicated to the parents during the Registration Process. Monies owing will be collected on the final season invoice.
d) Communication & Scheduling for Out of Town Competitions
- Parents will follow the team schedule/information sheet outlining specifics related to the swimmers schedule and participation during the out of town meet.
- Parents will attend any pre-trip meetings organized by Aurora Synchro club.
- One parent per team will act as the designated coach liaison. All inquiries and information both for the parents and from the coach during the out of town competition shall be provided through this parent.
- Parents will ensure the swimmer-member has packed all the necessary items for competition.
- Parents will behave as goodwill ambassadors of the Aurora Synchro club. Act in a responsible and respectful manner at all times.
- Parents and non-swimmers are required to stay off the deck/competition venue unless serving in an official capacity